Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Believe and Be Satisfied


Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone
To have a deep relationship with another
To be loved thoroughly and exclusively.
But God says:

"No, not until you are satisfied and fulfilled
and content with living loved by me alone.
I love you my child, and until you discover that only in me
is your satisfaction to be found,
you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship
that I have planned for you.
You will never be united with another
until you are united with me --
exclusive of any other desires and longings.
I want you to stop planning, stop wishing,
and allow me to give you the most thrilling relationships that exists,
one that you can't even imagine.
I want you to have the best.
Please allow me to bring it to you.
Keep watching me, expecting the greatest things.
Keep experiencing the satisfaction that I am.

Keep learning and listening to ht e things I tell you...
Don't be anxious. Don't worry.
Don't look around at the things that others have gotten
or that I have given them.
Don't look at the things that you think that you want.
Just keep looking at me
or you'll miss what I want to show you.
And then, when you are ready,
I'll surprise you with a love far more wonderful that you would ever dream.
You see, until you are ready,
and until the one that I have for you is ready,
who I am working with this very minute
as I am working with you,
so to have both of you ready at the same time,
until you are both satisfied exclusively with me
and the life I have prepared for you.
you won't be able to experience the love that is based on
your relationship with me... and this is perfect love.

And, dear one,
I want you to have the most wonderful love,
I want you to experience a relationship with me,
and to enjoy the everlasting beauty and perfection and love
that I offer.
Know that I love you utterly.
I am your Heavenly Father.
Believe and be satisfied."


Author: Unknown

13 comments:

  1. Amen only God can fill the void!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Amen to that! I just wonder if God is going to bring me back to my husband or bring me to someone that is saved and so in love with God. Until then I will have God fill that void.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome message. I strongly believe in order to truly love another, it is imperative that you love God first and then love yourself. Once you experience the love of GOD, it is easy to love unconditionally with your whole heart, body, mind, soul, and spirit. True love begins with loving God first!! Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes and I believe until we are fully satisfied with Him,we are then ready to love our future spouse. Praying that we'll all be fully satisfied in Christ as theres a void in our heart which only Jesus can fill. ((=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen.. God wants us to be fully completed with Him until we are ready with our future spouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to that, thank you for that encouragement. nothing and no one can satisfy us but God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen Lord! Waiting for the day when I hear you say, here is the one I have created just for me. <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn happpy valenties...its love month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At the risk of being the lone naysayer, I find this message, not just offensive, but patently unbiblical. It places God in the role of a punitive parent who withholds love and companionship until we are "perfect" and ready to enjoy "perfect" relationships. Thus, perfection becomes the criteria for love, setting us up for failure and leaving us to struggle with the heartbreak of our own inadequacies. As a life-long single (that is to say, single well over the age 40), I have been privileged to enjoy the lavish love and extravagant generosity of a good and gracious Father who has withheld no good thing from me. And as one who is so loved, I have given up pursuing perfection, and chosen instead Christ-likeness, and in so doing, I earnestly believe that I have chosen the better part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in case this question hasn't been answered for you yet... you should go get your husband. malachai 2:16 says that God HATES divorce. God will be cool divorce at the same time that Christ divorces the Church... which is never. Be encouraged - we have a sympathetic high priest. He knows your struggles. Press into him. Draw near. Hebrews 4:15-16

      Delete
    2. To Ms. Kita:
      You're rejection of the worldly concept of what is "perfect" is a correct response. One I think that all real Christians should do. However I do not think that the poem is referencing that type of perfection but perfect love. For God is love and God is perfect (see Psalm 18:30). Furthermore this poem is for those that have been called to marriage. You clearly are in receipt of a higher blessing: a call to singleness. And no offense to Mr. Sparrowson you do not have to "go get your husband". God does think it is good for us to be married however it is better for us to be single (see 1 Corinthians 7). So my point is: BE ENCOURAGED! You are living at a higher standard. You have overcome the lustful desires of the flesh and are able to serve the Lord much more deeply. If anything I would only pray and ask God what great work He has planned for you. Know that I will pray for you. Blessings.

      Delete